Divine Consign

Friday, August 10, 2007

I spent part of my morning hanging up clothes in Ellie's room today and putting away things that always seem to pile up on her chaise lounge. It's one of those places where I will find anything and everything. The lounge is the perfect size for an 8 year old and I found it at the sale, of course! I remember spotting it and having that "I've got to have it" feeling because the fabric is the exact fabric that I bought to make a valance for her room 8 years ago! I had visions of seeing her curled up in it, reading her books and while she has done that before, more often than not, it's a great place to stash something for the time being. She's already told me that we aren't getting rid of it, ever, so maybe we've created a family heirloom!

If you have a great story about a special find at Divine Consign, we would love to hear about it.

Stephanie

3 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found a special treasure at Divine Consign too!! I found a gorgeous Gymboree outfit for my baby girl's first Christmas! It was satin and tulle- soooo sweet. I am keeping it for her to hand down to her daughter. It was a *fraction* of what it would have cost me at the retail store or even on eBay!! (in which case I would not have bought it!)

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's hard for me to think of just one special find from DC. I feel like I find amazing treasures at each sale...that's why I can't NOT go! This past Spring, my favorite find (I think) was a beautiful light blue floral Mini Boden sundress for my daughter. It's one of those dresses that would have been out of my price range new, and I only paid $5.00 for it at Divine Consign! Everytime Hailey has worn it, someone asked where I got it...great advertising for Divine Consign! I can't wait to see what I find this Fall.

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger rkbetts said…

    It's all about finding that great purchase for me. Each sale gives me a new opportunity to find something amazing. It is what I most like about shopping at DC. I consider DC one of the highlights of my year! One thing that sticks out in my mind happened this year at the spring sale. I left my daughter at my mother's house to head to the presale. My daughter was a little sad to see me leave so I told her that I would bring home something special for her. She told me that she wanted a doggie and a horsie. I cringed at the thought of not finding what she had requested but as I went about my "shopping" I found a Lady and the Tramp purse that looked like a stuffed "Lady", but was actually a purse. Then, I happened upon a Cabbage Patch Kids horse. My daughter had just been given a brand new Cabbage Patch Kid doll (her first one) for Christmas so it was perfect. She was so amazed when I showed up to take her home with a doggie and a horsie! I spent less then $10 for both of them and she plays with them everyday! What a "treasure"!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home